Does anyone else absolutely love a good Monday? How about the 1st day of a new month? You know, a fresh start. A new page on your weekly calendar?
Okay, maybe it’s just me, but I love the potential of new beginnings.
On my 29th Birthday a friend and I put our heads together to think of things we wanted to accomplish in the new year…I complied my “30-Before-30 List”. It was exciting to think about the potential of another year of life to seize.
Well, according to the slamming surprise 30th Birthday Party that Joel & friends threw me (photos to come!), I am officially the big 3-0…which means my list has expired. Here’s what I’ve been up to…
- Review my mission statement on a weekly basis.
- Continue a consistent quiet time routine. (Worship music, prayer calendar and list, Bible study plan)
- Stick to my exercise plan of working out 5 times a week. (Plan the night before when I will exercise and in what form: Run, BodyFit, Blatt) As well as do my daily habit of 10 pushups, 30 bicycle crunches, and 10 squats. #fail
- Focus on “clean foods”. (No refined sugars/white flour/preservatives, fruits and vegetables, organics as our budget allows—continue couponing as nutritionally beneficial.) #semi-fail
- Meal-plan on Sunday evenings.
- Stick to our family budget. (Continue the Dave Ramsey “baby steps” plan.)
- Keep our home simple, tidy and warm. (Focus on cleaning and laundry Wednesday and Saturday. Daily wipe downs.)
- Quit biting my fingernails #sorta
- Take a date night with Joel each week. (Figure out some ways to enrich and nourish our marriage. Pray for him every day—Nancy Leigh Demoss 30-day prayer challenge. Showing loyalty as we get ready in the morning. Asking him how I can serve and encourage him. Praying at night w him instead of falling asleep.)
- Take a photography class.
- Stop watching TV except on special occasions. (Just canceled our cable!)
- Bake a loaf of bread from scratch.
- Finish reading the Bible straight through this year. (I’m in Mark)
- Take a sewing class.
- Read a book each month. (Power of a Praying Woman x2, Feminine Appeal Celebration of Disciplines, Organized Simplicity x2, Infertility:Finding God’s Peace Amidst the Journey, Red Hot Monogamy, 1,000 Gifts, God, Why?, Holding on to Hope, Hannah’s Hope)
- Finish my Blurb books for our home reno, wedding, years 2, 3 and 4. #springbreak2012project
- Take a cooking class.
- Gather girlfriends and go to the beach. #someday
- Begin a homemaker’s journal. Like this one. (Notes on my goals-personal goals, craft ideas, family/ministry goals, mission statement and booklist, daily routines, recipes, Scriptures, quotes, cleaning tips, time-stealers, weekly plan, cleaning schedule, menu plan, list of guests we’ve shown hospitality toward, meaningful ideas for conversation over meals, holiday planning, household inventory, budget/finances.)
- Keep the Sabbath Day holy. (Do things that re-create my soul—crafting, letter-writing, reading books & magazines, worship-walking, calling real friends, napping, de-cluttering)
- Show hospitality on a monthly basis. (Allow it to be a place of rest, refreshment, celebration and comfort. Give people a taste of Heaven!) Continue getting to know our neighbors through dessert/meals/gifts/stop by.
- Serve in our church & be connected in a community group. (Join the freaking church, serve on welcome team and bring college students.)
- Initiate with girlfriends here in Columbia,Charlotte and WV. #wannagohomesoon
- Find ways to financially bless and serve others as we are able. (Meals, time, tasks, talk) KRGZ
- Blog in order to show what God is doing on campus and how He is working in our lives. (Only check blogs once a night.)
- Clean up and back up our computer!
- Show real love to the girls I minister to. (Hugs, words of affirmation, an open door, gifts, service, quality time)
- Help seniors transition well! (Do they know how to 1.Apply the Wheel 2.Share Their Faith 3.Practice Hospitality 4.Stick to a budget 5.Lead a Bible Study)
- Become a mom. (Either biologically or by starting the adoption process) #THANK YOU,ADDIE :)
- Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit every day! NOT MY WILL BUT YOURS, LORD. #neverendingjourney
So, those were my exciting 30-Before-30 goals. It was really fun to have some “Bucket List” items to come back to all year. I still need to take some time to revamp my goals & vision for 2012. Do you have any hopes for the new year?