In the past few weeks I have become addicted to some very powerful things…
1. Instagram. It has completely stolen my FB/Twitter affections. (If you’d like to follow along, my username is Kitty_Hurdle, just like on Twitter!)
2. Phone checking. I keep checking my phone every .2 seconds to see if the social worker has called to clear all our paperwork. (We are OVER waiting to wait. We just want to be waiting!)
3. Organizing and Nesting. (See above and forthcoming posts.)
4. Power Muffins. (I named them this b/c I don’t get hungry till about 2 in the afternoon after I eat them!) 100% REAL food. No sugar, no dairy, no grains, but LOTS of flava flav!
The recipe originated HERE and I have tweaked it ever so slightly.
- 3 Ripe Bananas (spotted like you’d use for banana bread–anytime one goes brown, just peel it and throw it in a baggy in the freezer! Pop them out when you’re ready to make bread.)
1 1/2 Cups Roasted Unsalted Cashews (cheapest at Earthfare around here)
1 Cup Almond Flour (cheapest at Trader Joe’s)
2 Tbs Walnut Oil
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Tbs Honey
Coconut Oil (to grease your muffin tins)
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Grind cashews in a food processor until you get a fine cashew meal.
3. Add walnut oil and blend until until well combined (making cashew butter).
4. Next, add the bananas and blend until it forms a sticky paste.
5. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, then add cashew / banana mixture along with almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until it forms a batter. Add walnuts and honey.
6. Pour batter into greased muffin tins and bake for 12 minutes or until muffins are cooked through.
7. Let muffins completely cool on a rack before storing.