When a certain someone in our family consumes 6 of these in a 24-hour window, AND all the guys on our staff team were inhaling them…I know that we have a winning recipe worth sharing. Props to my Aunt Marianne who handed this recipe down to me several years ago. DUUHHLISHHHH.
Banana & Butterscotch Muffins
- 3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Sifted Flour (I made these with 31/2 cups almond meal making them gluten free…they were sooo legit!)
- 4 tsp Baking Powder (heaping since I used almond meal which is more dense…mine fell majorly and weren’t super pretty, but dang, we don’t say dang, they were good.)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Bananas (ripe and mashed–I just peel all our brown bananas and pop them in a freezer bag so we always have frozen bananas on hand for smoothies and recipes.)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar (or less to taste)
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk (I didn’t have any so I used half and half!)
- 1 12 oz bag Butterscotch Chips
Grease and flour 2.5 dozen lined muffin tins. Combine all dry ingredients and set aside. In large mixing bowl combine banana, sugar, eggs and butter, mixing until creamy. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk. Mix until well blended and add butterscotch chips. Pour into muffin tins, bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until not jiggly and enjoy! These freeze wonderfully!