So…since I have been back in America I have seen that I struggle a lot with CONTENTMENT. You would think I would still be basking in the blessings of the United States…yet my sinfulness has crept in immediately. Joel and I are trying to make a ton of decisions and basically I am being faced with the Lord’s question of “Will you choose to be content with Me and all that I have planned for you?”
My friend Anna Claire gave me this awesome list of rules for contentment that give me a good ole’ fashion attitude adjustment. Thought I might share them.
If you wish to gain contentment, we might try such rules as these:
1. Allow thyself to complain of nothing, not even of the weather.
2. Never picture thyself to thyself under any circumstances in which thou art not.
3. Never compare thine own lot with that of another.
4. Never allow thyself to dwell on the wish that this or that had been, or were, otherwise that it was, or is. God Almighty loves thee better and more wisely than thou dost thyself.
5. Never dwell on the morrow. Remember that it is God’s, not thine. The heaviest part of sorrow often is to look forward to it.
“THE LORD WILL PROVIDE.”
-E. B. PUSEY
Well, that about takes care of that for me! What do you think? Feel free to leave me a comment!
Hugs from Memphis. xoxo