There are 30 days left of the Spring semester. It’s so crazy to me! Did I not just put up the Christmas decorations? (Oh, right, I did. It’s just that it was 3 months after Christmas that I chose to put them away…) Thirty days with which to invest our time as missionaries here at Ole Miss.
What will we do with these fleeting hours? How will we invest our lives? How will we prepare for our summer assignment overseas? What will help students feel most cared for and how will they best be prepared to walk with God for a summer or graduates, for a lifetime?
These are the questions burning on the minds of Joel, myself, our team and campus ministers everywhere. All of these questions bring us to our knees and we wanted to ask you to join us in praying for college students and for those who minister to them.
Praying for College Students
- Pray for students’ minds to be strengthened by God’s truth and able to reject philosophy of the world. (2 Timothy 3:16, Colossians 2:8)
- Pray for believing professors to be a winsome witness in the classroom and boldly share Him with colleagues. (Ephesians 6:19)
- Pray for non-believing professors to come to know Jesus. (2 Corinthians 3:14, 2 Corinthians 4:4)
- Pray for lost college students to see their need for Jesus. (2 Corinthians 4:4)
- Pray for Christian students to understand their identity in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 1)
- Pray for Christian students to understand the power of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:8, Galatians 5:22-24)
- Pray for Christians to join in on evangelism, discipleship, prayer, fellowship and missions on campus and in local church bodies. (Acts 2)
- Pray for the Gospel to go out on social media platforms used by college students. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Pray for missionaries to be sent out from college campuses into vocational ministry and into the workplace to have a ministry. (John 3:11, Matthew 28:18-20)
- Pray for a love and understanding of God’s Word. (Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Psalm 119:105) And from that a love of righteousness and disgust for sin. (Psalms 78:1-8, 103:17-18; Isaiah 54:13; Ephesians 3:20-21)
Thank you for joining us in prayer for these world-changers!