After 3 weeks of non-stop traveling, we are so pumped to be back to our little rental house in Columbia. Words can’t express how blessed we’ve been by answered prayers. We thought we would share with you.
- Joel felt like we should move to save some money on our rent…I (finally) realized he was right. And so the search began. We found a place for $200 less. Joel ran the numbers on www.daveramsey.com (our fave) and realized it would be the perfect option. We were super-sad about having to move since we/I felt we had JUST gotten settled. But we wanted to be good stewards…so we told our landlady we were moving….she called us back an hour later and offered to drop the rent $100!! So, Wheat Street will be our home for another year.
- God so graciously provided for the remaining costs of our summer project before the deadline! Amazing.
- We have had really good times re-connecting w/ our families.
- We have had a fairly smooth transition back to the US from Kyrgyzstan.
- We have a renewed sense of excitement for ministry in South Carolina!
Here are some photos of what we’ve been up to…
Hanging w/ my sisters-in-law for the Fourth of July
Gwen, Me, Holly, (Heather is in Spain)
My first experience with “make your own fireworks” was exciting!
This pic is taken at the “Hurdle Store” restaurant.
(Right after we ate fried catfish and frog legs…yikes!)
It’s kinda fun to have a last name that is the same last name as half of the rest of the state!
But, I HAD to represent for the maiden name…found this decanter at an antique store!
Gifts from Kyrgystan for Sugar and Sweetie :)
Here we are speaking at Kirby Woods Baptist Church.
(Not pictured are my knocking knees–thanks to my nerves, as we spoke in front of 900)
Here we are in Oxford (Joel’s all-time favorite city) with Corrie and David.
We had such fun with you guys! xoxo
Photos from our quick trip to WV to follow soon. Thanks for stopping by today! :)