Hope you’ve had a great Labor Day Weekend! Stay tuned for photos from our recent adventures!!!
These helpful tips were compiled from a few friends and a few magazines… I am trying to get up the nerve to make my own laundry detergent! :)
- Entertain your family for free! Bank of America has an agreement until April 2009 with 73 museums across the country that allows you to get in free the first weekend of the month if you show them your BofA debit, credit or ATM card. Go to BankofAmerica/museums to find attractions in your area!
- Declutter your library! I’ve mentioned this type of savings before, but here’s a new way to turn your books in to cash! Visit Cash4Books, type in the ISBN number and see if you can get cash for them! You won’t pay a cent–not even for postage!
- Start a Blog! I am so, so, so tempted by this one…It’s free to set up a blog and once you do, you can place ads, by using an easy program like Goodle AdSense. Each time a visitor to your blog clicks on an ad, you earn money.
- DIY! Pick out one thing you purchase each month, or a service you hire someone to do, and make or do it yourself. Then pocket the money. For example, make your own laundry detergent. It’s not that hard, it works really well and you will save! It costs 2¢ vs. 25¢ per load! For the easy recipes visit Make your own detergent.
- Save on kids clothes! They grow up so fast…so try out the online consignment shop, Once Upon A Child that features name-brand fairly new clothes up to 70% off retail. And, as a bonus, you can sell your children’s gently-worn-but-out-grown items back to the store for immediate cash or credit.
- Shop at CVS for FREE! Okay…a girl I work told me about this. She has a closet full of toiletries and supplies from CVS…that mostly cost her NOTHING. Here’s how to do it. I am thinking of giving it a shot. MoneySavingMom-CVS for free
Here’s to another month of attempting to stick to the budget!