Cross ’09 was CCC’s nation-wide challenge to all our students to take the Gospel across ethnic boundaries. And, boy did our students rise to the challenge!
They hosted a talent show that raised $560 for “Impact” our ministry focused on reaching the African American community. This will scholarship 4 kids for their yearly conference that has been life-changing for many!
The students did a day of homeless ministry and did initiative evangelism on campus.
This photo is of the training time (led by students!) just before they all went out to share the Gospel with students.
Here’s the group that came out that night! Praise the Lord!
I am about to write an article for a local magazine about all that God’s been doing here in Columbia…what blog posts have the most impact in your opinion?? Can you suggest any stories to share? Photos that were influential?
Thanks in advance for your help! xoxo
Our staff team gathered together to evaluate our school year and to plan for next year and here are some of the amazing things we are praising God for:
- Team unity
- 3 students who have graduated and are serving 1 year as missionaries in Lebanon and France
- Great church partnerships
- 25 new believers!
- The sister-in-law of our staff facing amputation because of cancer–now 100% clean bill of health
- Bible studies in nearly every dorm
- Bible studies in all but 2 sororities
- 3 new frat studies
- Greeks leaving Gospel-legacies in their houses.
- A former outspoken lesbian now transformed and serving as one of our sharpest key leaders in our Impact ministry
- Columbia College being a thriving ministry
- 2 Bible studies at Midlands Tech
- More men involved and leading
- Valor Ministry launched reaching the military at USC
- Safe travels to multiple life-changing conferences
- New and creative ways to share the Gospel thought of by student leaders and new staff
- Support provided for our staff
- Over 50 students heading to do summer missions–16 being Greek–an area we weren’t even reaching this time 2 years ago!
There are so many more things going on in hearts and lives that we won’t even know this side of Heaven. Thank you to those of you who pray and financially support our ministry. It is a priceless investment. We are eternally grateful.